I really wanted to take you through our whole trip down south, but I am falling way behind. Besides - by now you are probably thinking - that's OLD news! So maybe I'll get a couple of photo albums on here that you can look through if you'd like. For now I'll tell you what's been happening since we've been home.
- We had to be back home by August 2 so the kids could jump right back into school stuff.
- Autumn is going to be on the middle school student council team and went to a day long retreat to get the scoop.
- Russell started football practice last week. He's gone from 3 days of 1/2 hour intense workouts to two a day practice, then three a day, now he's down to one a day.
- I've put in a good amount of time preparing healthy, nutrient dense food for him and driving him back and forth to the high school.
- Autumn is playing volleyball for the middle school. There were 5 days of instruction and now the regular practices have started - at 6 am.
- Will's birthday was on the 9th and we let him pick a bunch of activities for the day. Including Wahzooz, McDonald's and the mall.
- Our 12th anniversary was a week later. We were tired, low on cash and time so we spent a day at home after going out to lunch and buying a fridge from the 50's off of craigs list - cheap.
- Went to two different registration days - one high school, one middle school.
- Have spent some time over at the barn chasing big pigs. I think Tim has a video on his channel of him running after an escapee.
I think that's all my scattered brain can remember right now.
Not true - I can remember yesterday. We took Will and Autumn to Roaring Springs. Thursdays are half price after 3pm. It was the last chance before school starts. I guess everyone else had the same idea. It was PACKED. We still had fun. I must be getting old though. I kept having to push bad thoughts out of my brain.
Thoughts like: I bet most of the kids in this pool still don't properly wipe their butts. Oh my gawd I'm gonna puke, I just saw a kid with a huge hanger booger wash it into the water. Oh no, that person's butt is hanging out of their suit. Oh please fix your clothing! Lord help me not die from some horrible sickness caught from the germs here.
Yeah. It must be better to be young and not care what you are swimming in.